Here at the Swamy Clinic we take great pride in providing the best quality breast augmentation procedure at our state approved, accredited facility for patients in the North Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana regions. We believe that the procedure should be performed by a plastic surgeon and is a serious procedure.
Dr. Narasimha talks Breast Augmentation
What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation, also known as mammoplasty, is a surgical enhancement procedure to accentuate the size and shape of a woman’s breasts. While breast augmentation will make the breasts larger, the surgery will not move the breasts closer together or lift sagging breasts. Breast enhancement is tremendous help to patients who desire a fuller profile, who have lost breast volume due to pregnancy or nursing, or who have undergone breast reconstruction and want to gain a more natural look again.
Benefits of Breast Augmentation
- Increase fullness and projection of your breasts
- Improve the balance of your figure
- Enhance your self-image and self-confidence
Breast Augmentation Procedure
Incisions are made in inconspicuous areas to minimize visible scarring. These incision can be:
- periareolar: incision is made around the bottom or top of the areola
- inframammary: incision is made right on the crease below the breast
- transaxillary: incision is made in the armpit
After the incision is made, a breast implant is inserted into a pocket either under the pectoral muscle, which is called a submuscular placement. Or directly behind the breast tissue, over the pectoral muscle, also known as a submammary placement.
The method for inserting and positioning breast implants depends on the type of implant, degree of enlargement desired, your body type and your surgeon’s recommendations. Over time the incision lines will fade.
Types of Breast Implants
- Saline breast implants: are filled with sterile salt water. Saline breast implants provide a uniform shape, firmness and feel.
- Silicone breast implants: are filled with silicone gel. The gel feels a bit more like natural breast tissue.
- Gummy Bears breast implants: the consistency of the silicone gel inside the implant is thicker than traditional silicone gel implants. Gummy bear breast implants are shaped rather than round. They have more projection at the bottom and are tapered towards the top.
Breast Augmentation Before and After
View our before and after gallery for more photos.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
Your breasts will be wrapped in gauze dressings and an elastic bandage or support bra will minimize swelling and support the breasts as they heal. You may be permitted to go home after a few hours.
You may be instructed to wear a support bra around the clock for the first week or two. It will be important to cleanse the incision sites and apply ointment as directed. Be sure to follow all instructions carefully.
Breast Augmentation Risks
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation
- Poor scarring of skin
- Wrong or faulty position of the implant
- Implant leakage or rupture
- The formation of tight scar tissue around the implant (capsular contracture)
- Fluid accumulation (seroma)
Schedule a consultation
If you are interested in learning more about breast enhancements, contact us today to schedule a consultation.