How to Get a Summer Glow Without All the Damage
Going to the beach or wearing shorts with legs that resemble Casper the Ghost, is not something anybody wants to have to deal with. However, getting too much sun and having to reap the unwanted benefits of sun damage, is also something that nobody wants to deal with. Skip the tanning beds and tanning oil, but get tan looking glowing skin with these 3 things.
Spray-tans used to leave victims looking more orange than human. However, with years of advanced technology, celebrities like Kim Kardashian get spray-tans on a weekly basis without looking anything but naturally tan. If it’s your first time getting a spray tan and if you have exceptionally fair skin, don’t go for a really dark shade but gradually build it up. The more layers you have, the more natural it will look.
Self Tanning Gels and Lotions
If applied correctly, self tanning gels and lotions are an easy, at-home solution to combatting pale skin. Simply exfoliate the skin, moisturize it with a cream or lotion, and apply the self tanning gel or lotion. In order to apply self tanning lotion to your legs, follow the below steps:
- Squeeze a pea sized amount into your hands
- Start working the lotion from your ankles all the way up to your upper thighs, rubbing the lotion back and forth and side to side, without missing an area.
- Once every part of your leg has been covered and rubbed in, add some tanning lotion to the tops of your feet, making sure you don’t miss the areas around your ankles.
- Wash your hands with soap and water and get in between your fingers.
- Let the self tanning lotion dry for at least 5 minutes before putting on clothes.
Self Tanning Towels
Self tanning towels are ideal for touching up your sunless tan or for places that are harder to apply lotion to, like your face. Simply grab the towel and work it across your entire face and into your neck so that you don’t have an awkward tan line. Then dispose of the towel and voila!
You can skip the cancer and still look good this summer with sunless tanning techniques. Whether you opt for an in-salon spray-tan or an at-home self tanning gel, you can look bronzed and beautiful in minutes.